Simply put, a blog will help get your website noticed by the search engines, and search engine optimisation agencies (the good ones) are experts at ensuring your blog does just that.
Here are some additional ways to get your blog noticed:
- Start with keyword research: Knowing the right keywords to target is essential for getting noticed by search engines. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner or Ahrefs to find keywords with good search volume and low competition.
- Optimize your posts: Use keywords strategically in your blog posts once you have them. This includes using them in the title, headings, and throughout the content.
- Optimize your meta tags: The title tag and meta description are the first things people see when they find your blog in search results. Ensure they are descriptive, relevant, and compelling enough to make people want to click through to your post.
- Improve your website’s speed: Page speed is an important ranking factor for search engines. A slow-loading website will turn visitors away and hurt your search rankings.
- Promote your blog on social media: Social media platforms are a great way to reach new audiences and get your content in front of more people. Make sure to post your blog content on the platforms your audience is using and engage with your followers
- Guest blogging: Contributing content to other blogs in your niche is a great way to reach new audiences and build relationships with other bloggers. This can also help you gain high-quality backlinks to your blog, improving your search rankings.
One of the great things about using a blog is the flexibility keywords offer. Your main website may have limited potential in terms of keyword optimisation. Your blog, however, can be updated as often as you like, and keywords can be chosen to suit whatever topics are most relevant to your business and sales targets. This can help search engines find your most relevant and up-to-date content.
SEO agencies use analytical tools, like those provided by Google, to determine what keywords should be targeted when updating a blog. Using these SEO tools, they can balance search requests for certain keywords against the proliferation of those keywords in websites and make informed decisions on how to approach their use.
How and where those keywords are placed in your blog is also important. While overuse of keywords should be avoided, ensuring that keywords are included in the opening and closing paragraphs of your blog entry will help it get noticed. Using bold or italic type helps your keywords stand out visually once a potential customer has reached your blog.
As the use of social media to improve search engine rankings increase, search engine optimisation agencies are well aware of the continuing importance of keywords and how they’re used.